Thursday, May 6, 2010

I'm fucking amazed ..

Zughetti .

1 cucumber, peeled and shredded into linguine like pieces (34cal)

Sauce:
1 tomato (36cal)
1 tbs cilantro
1/2 tbs green onion (1cal)
1/2 shallot (3.5cal)
1/2 red chilli pepper
4 ml lemon juice
dash dry basil
salt & pepper to taste
splash tabasco


Total: 75 calories or so.


Well, after talking about making this since forever .. I finally got off my ass and did it.

I went out to eat cooked food last night and I'm completely grossed out at the aftermath, the feeling is terrible.

I woulda made more sauce, except I only had one tomato in the fridge..

I wish I had sun dried tomatoes too and a red bell pepper, next time I shall. Oh and garlic .. which I'm allergic to, but a little won't hurt lol

After I sliced the cucumber manually, (I really need to go buy a veggie shredder) I looked for raw recipes for a sauce. And this is what I ended up making ..

Seriously, totally amazed at how good it is. That's it, I'm quitting Michelina's lol

For you people who like a sweeter sauce, add a dried date or 1/4 tbs of honey. Also, fresh basil is the way to go .. but dry is all I have at the moment. Most recipes I found said to use 1 tsp of olive oil, but I decided to cut that out.

Just multiply the ingredients for more sauce if you need it, it should be eaten right away because the tomato will water down with time .. and surprisingly one tomato was enough for the entire cucumber. Made 2 servings.

So all you gotta do is blend all the ingredients together for the sauce, drizzle over the cucumber noodles .. (I know it says Zughetti, but I like cucumber better) and eat!

Garnish with more cilantro and green onion.

Enjoy !

1 comment: