Saturday, July 3, 2010

breakfast for the day ..

my potato egg salad

1 medium russet potato (110cal)
1 large egg (80cal)
1/2 cup iceberg lettuce (4cal)
1/8 cup shallot (2.5cal) or you can use red onion
1/8 cup green onions
1/3 cup Kraft's fat free miracle whip (80cal)
1/2 rice vinegar
1/2 tbs sour cream or butter (optional)
1/8 tsp both salt & pepper
1/4 tsp paprika
minced ginger to taste

Total : 276.5 calories


Okay first of all, red potatoes will taste better because it's more crisp. I used russet cuz that's all I had.

Second of all, I think it might taste better with 1 more egg, but I'm not sure .. I'll try it some other time.

Third, I had no celery so I used lettuce, just for the texture for when you eat it. The original recipe didn't use paprika or minced ginger, but I found the flavor to be better with it.

Fourth, obviously fat free miracle whip can't compare to real mayonnaise, but hey potatoes and eggs are already high in calories. Also, gonna add in corn niblets to make it sweeter, will try it next time.

So hard boil the egg(s), you can boil the potatoes till just cooked. OR if you're super lazy like me, I sliced the potatoes and put it in a glass measure, added water, and microwaved it for 5 minutes. lol

The lettuce, shallot, green onions should be chopped to bits.

Mix the mayo, vinegar, salt, pepper, paprika together for the dressing. Add minced ginger to taste.

Put the salad and the dressing seperately in the fridge, when it's cold enough, mix it together and serve chilled.

=)

No comments:

Post a Comment