Friday, June 4, 2010

lotsa sauces ..

with lotsa corn !

Note: When I say butter or margarine, it means I'm using Becel's 67% less fat margarine.

Hmm, so I went grocery shopping the other day and bought some corn.

I thought, how can I make it more interesting instead of just the usual butter and salt ?

So this is my corn experiment ..

From the left top row: Honey glazed w/margarine on top, 2 different hot sauces w/margarine on top and a few drops of tabasco sauce, butter glazed w/seasoning salt and paprika, butter glazed w/salt, pepper and oregano

Honey: Tastes like normal corn
Hot sauce: Mmm, this one is really good if you can handle the spicyness .. which I love.
Seasoning salt & Paprika: By far my favorite so far !
Salt, pepper, oregano: Tastes really normal, nothing special.

Second row from the left: Mashed cherry sauce, mayonnaise glazed w/black pepper and margarine on top, teriyaki glazed, strawberry jam

Cherry sauce: Tastes like normal corn
Mayonnaise glaze: Not bad, better than expected..
Teriyaki glaze: This one's tasty, but I like teriyaki stir fry vegetables better
Strawberry Jam: This one is quite tasty, would have been better if I brushed more on during the roasting process..such a nice flavor.

Third row from the left: Butter glazed w/seasoning salt, a chilli oil and soy sauce mix

Butter w/ seasoning salt: My dad's friend walked in and I offered him it..I didn't ask how it tastes lol
Chilli Oil: Not bad as well, but no where close to good as the hot sauce one.

I preheated the oven to 350 degrees, covered a pan with tinfoil, sprayed it with 0 calorie vegetable spray and arranged the corn on top. Now it's cooking in the oven .. for 40 minutes, or until that I see it's done.

Hopefully it turns out well .. will update this later .

I'd say it turned out pretty well.. I might experiment with pineapple next.

No comments:

Post a Comment