Thursday, March 11, 2010

Going Green ..

UN BE LI EV AB LE !!

1 cup spinach (14 cal)
1 medium strawberry (5.525 cal)
1/2 cup cantaloupe, cubed (27 cal)
small slice of ginger
2 ice cubes


or

4 cups raw spinach (28 cal)
8 medium strawberries (44.2 cal)
chunk of cucumber (8 cal)
1/4 yellow or orange pepper (25 cal)
4 small slices of ginger
8 large ice cubes



Inspired by Artalie's passion for raw food. THANK YOU !!

After hearing Amanda rave about how delicious and great it is to be drinking raw, I finally bought a blender and a fridge full of fruit.

I just so happened to have found lettuce and spinach in my fridge, and I remembered Amanda constantly saying I MUST try a green smoothie..

Expecting it to be decent, I threw this together.. and I am appalled at myself for not trying it sooner ! =)

It tastes so fresh, and makes me feel more alive, it has such a lovely color too.. <3

So blend everything together, and DRINNK !!

The second recipe makes 4 cups, total of 105.2 calories, so that's only 26.3 calories each !

No comments:

Post a Comment