Thursday, November 26, 2009

Tuna Cabbage Salad

Tuna Cabbage Salad


4 cups cabbage (72 cal)
1//2 cup canned corn (70 cal)
1 can cloverleaf lemon pepper tuna (110 cal)
2.5 tbs fat free miracle whip (45 cal)
cliantro
black pepper
salt
lemon juice
paprika


Total Calories : 297


Wash and dry cabbage, chop it up, or if you're lazy like me, use scissors and cut it up.

Add in 1/2 cup of corn. Add in 2 tbs of miracle whip. Toss with a spoon and fork.

Next mix the tuna in, sprinkle lemon juice and continue to toss.

Now season with salt, pepper and paprika to taste. (This is all optional)

You can taste it now and see if it needs that extra 1/2 tbs of miracle whip. Use just enough but not too less so it won't taste dry.

And if you love cilantro like I do, grab a bunch, wash it and cut it up into the salad and toss again.

You can use any kind of tuna you like, and it might actually taste better to have chopped up celery and shredded carrots, and chopped up red bell pepper. And I didn't have any shallots at home, or that would have been in there for sure. You can use onion, preferably the red kind. You can definitely add in some olive oil, but I'm trying to go as low calorie as possible so I didn't. I even skipped the salt !

I'm not sure how many servings this makes, it depends on how hungry you are I guess. So just divide the total amount of calories by however many servings you have.

It's simple and fast, and tastes great ! Enjoy !

No comments:

Post a Comment