Monday, November 9, 2009

My take on pork

I have officially decided to stop eating pork .


"PIGS will eat anything including urine, dirt, decaying animal flesh, maggots, or decaying vegetables and left overs of what people ate. They will even eat the cancerous growths off other pigs or animals. You are killing yourself slowly. Pork is like death. The meat and fat of a pig absorbs toxins like a sponge. Their meat can be 30 times more toxic than beef. Pigs don't sweat so the toxins remain within its body and in the meat. And then when a pig is butchered, worms and insects take to its flesh sooner and faster than to other animal's flesh. In a few days the pig flesh is full of worms."

- From Yahoo


I'm not sure if the things mentioned above are all absolutely true or not .. but it is motivational for me to stop eating pork. You are what you eat, and I never ever wanna be a pig.

When I have a bite of pork meat .. whether it's roast pork, bbq pork, pork chops .. whatever. I feel disgusted after I chew and swallow it. It has this distinct smell and flavor that makes me wonder why I put it in my mouth in the first place. I'm not sure why, it's just so gross.

There are many meats out there that are more lean and healthy, so I'll stick with my chicken and beef thanks.

2 comments:

  1. Well, it being delicious is just an opinion ..

    Nope, I'm not muslim .. I just think pork is gross that's all.

    =)

    ReplyDelete