Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Mulled Wine

mulled wine =D


1 bottle red wine (600cal)
6 tsp sugar (96cal)
juice and peel of one small lemon (22cal)
dash vanilla
2 bay leaves
2 cinnamon sticks
4 cloves
chunk of pressed ginger or 1tsp minced
1 cup Oceanspray's cranberry grape juice (140cal) or cherry juice



I've never heard of mulled wine in the past, not until I went to a German christmas festival over the holidays.

Thought it was really good, especially out in the cold. Really warms you up.

I couldn't find cherry juice so used cranberry grape instead.

It should never boil, but just steam.

Add everything in a pot except the sugar, add sugar 2 tsp at a time, mix well and taste before adding more.

I like to use Longue Dog just because it's my favorite.

Leave it on low heat settings and drink awaay .

No comments:

Post a Comment