Friday, December 4, 2009

A healthy alternative to actual french fries.

Oven Baked Fries


1 small potato (145cal)
salt
pepper
lemon juice
paprika
cooking spray
green onion



So I was craving french fries, yummy oily deep fried goodness .. but decided against it.

Instead, I did this ..

You've got to first preheat the oven to 450. Peel and wash potato, cut into strips like fries, and soak in cold water for about 5 minutes. I believe this removes starch and makes it crisper. I might be wrong lol ..

Then you take the potatoes and put it on a paper towel, and soak up all the water.

Spray the tray with 0 calorie cooking spray. Spread the potatoes on the tray and try to make sure it's not stacked on top of each other. Season with salt, pepper, lemon juice and paprika, mix around .. then sprinkle on the chopped up green onions. Also can use cilantro, or both.

Bake for about 20 - 30 minutes, move the fries around every 10 minutes so it cooks evenly. Make sure not to burn, I once forgot about it haha and it turned black.

Serve hot with ketchup. I fried an egg over easy and dipped the fries in the yolk ^^

Makes a good snack or breakfast. Happy eating !

No comments:

Post a Comment