Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Beef Sashimi

Beef Sashimi


6 oz sirloin steak (320 cal)
black pepper
salt
cooking spray



This is the simplest, healthiest and tastiest recipe yet !

You defrost the steak so that the outside is soft but the inside is still frozen.

Season all sides with salt and pepper, I skipped the salt though.

Use a non stick frying pan, spray once with 0 calorie vegetable cooking spray.

When the pan is smoking, throw the steak on. Cook each of the 6 sides for 30 seconds each. This is to kill any bacteria.

Hopefully by now, the steak is still frozen in the middle. Now slice into thin pieces and arrange on a plate. If the steak is too soft, put it back in the freezer for around 30 minutes. It should become slightly frozen again so then you can cut it easily. It's almost impossible to slice soft steak.

Serve with ponzu sauce, the recipe I posted before this one. Also I like to eat it with cilantro, green onions and minced ginger.

By the way, I only chose sirloin because it's my favorite cut, but I think beef sashimi is originally made with tenderloin ?

So delicious ! For all you beef lovers out there. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment