Friday, August 13, 2010

chilli

mmm .. chilli ..

3oz sirloin (175cal)
1/2 clove garlic (2cal)
1 shallot (5cal)
1 tbs chilli powder
1/3 tsp oregano
1/3 tsp cumin
1/3 hot pepper sauce
10 - 15 grape tomatoes (4cal each)
1.5 tbs red wine vinegar

Total: 234 calories



You can buy ground beef of any sort, I grounded up my sirloin steak myself.

Crumble beef into pot, use medium - high heat.

Add shallot, garlic (minced), stir with beef until beef browns.

Remove pot from heat.

Add the chilli powder, oregan, cumin and hot pepper sauce.

Put back on heat, stir in the tomatoes (blended but a little bit chunky still) and the red wine vinegar.

Bring to a boil while stirring, reduce heat to low.

Simmer for a bit, stir to prevent burning .. until just enough sauce is left but not too watery.

It's my first attempt, and that's the actual picture. I'm surprised it turned out so good.

Serve over a bed of pasta or if you're like me and don't eat gluten .. have a side salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment